Did you know that silver or amalgam fillings contain approximately 50% mercury? Mercury is a highly toxic element. Research shows that silver or amalgam fillings expose your body to harmful mercury toxics. Lucky for you, Dr. Alicea at Your Desired Smile in Tampa, FL is a highly skilled holistic dentist and specializes in safe mercury amalgam removal technique.
Here’s how a holistic dentist in Tampa, FL such as Dr. Alicea at Your Desired Smile would go about safely removing your amalgam fillings:
- Our team would install an amalgam separator and maintain it properly. This device would prevent amalgam or mercury waste from entering the wastewater and going into the environment.
- Our operatories are installed with high-volume air filters that remove mercury vapor and particles cast into the air during the amalgam or mercury removal.
- Prior to the procedure, the patient is given some charcoal or chlorella to rinse and swallow to protect against any mercury that possibly enters the circulation during the removal procedure.
- To protect the safety of our staff and patients, Dr. Alicea, a holistic dentist in Tampa, FL, and his dental team wear protective gowns and head-coverings, as well as properly sealed respiratory-grade masks, designed to capture mercury.
- We equip our patient with full body and head covering including a head, face, and mask barrier. To ensure our patient is not inhaling mercury vapor or amalgam particulates, we give them oxygen through a nasal mask.
- To prevent amalgam from entering the patient’s throat, a rubber clean up suction is placed.
- Approximately 2-4 inches from the patient’s mouth, an at-source oral aerosol vacuum is placed to minimize mercury exposure.
- The amalgam itself is sectioned into chunks and removed in the largest pieces possible.
- Lots of water is used during the cutting of the amalgam to reduce heat. A high-speed evacuation device is used to capture mercury discharge.
- Upon removal of the mercury, the patient’s mouth is flushed with water and then rinsed.
- According to federal, state and local regulations, our team safely handles the disposable mercury-contaminated components.
For more on this protocol, including scientific references, visit the IAOMT’s website. To learn more about our safe amalgam removal technique from a holistic dentist in Tampa, FL, and to discuss your options, call Your Desired Smile at 813-580-5244 or email us at email@example.com.