DENTAL BONDING IN TAMPA, FL
Dental bonding is a cosmetic procedure to repair discolored, slightly chipped or crooked teeth. During dental bonding, a composite resin material is placed onto your tooth to improve its appearance. The composite resin is matched to the color of your natural teeth and offers a simple, convenient way to correct cosmetic flaws.
Bonding is less expensive than other cosmetic treatments and lasts approximately three to five years with proper maintenance. It is non-invasive and is considered to be a cost-effective alternative to permanent restorations like porcelain veneers and crowns. Due to the limitations of bonding, it is best suited for temporary correction of cosmetic defects or for areas with low bite pressure.
- What conditions should dental bonding be considered for?
- To repair decayed teeth (composite resins are used to fill cavities)
- To repair chipped or cracked teeth
- To improve the appearance of discolored teeth
- To close spaces between teeth
- To make teeth look longer
- To change the shape of teeth
- As a cosmetic alternative to amalgam fillings
- To protect a portion of the tooth’s root that has been exposed when gums recede
Are you considering dental bonding? Call Your Desired Smile at 813-580-5244.